Project management and technical lead of ASIC/FPGA firmware design for high-end camera based driver assistance systems. The cameras are in production with high volumes (millions) for premium cars. Several computer vision algorithms are implemented in the design for realtime processing achieving highest efficiency.
- Full responsibility of the development of the FPGA firmware and the design and verification of the algorithmic/signal processing subsystem in an ASIC
- Development of several computer vision algorithms for realtime processing
- Definition of the firmware/chip architecture
- Implementation of a parallel ASIC/FPGA development flow
- Design flow and development for safety critical application according to ASIL and ISO26262
- ASIC development for a grund-breaking automotive LIDAR sensor
- SoC architecture development, assessment and technical coordination
- Algorithm development and ASIC function block implementation for realtime 3D point-cloud processing from raw data
- SoC/Mixed signal ASIC validation and bringup
Development of a Realtime Raytracing ASIC:
- Development of the processing architecture for a realtime raytracing ASIC.
- Development of the memory subsystem including block- and system-cache architecture
- Implementation of the bit-exact and timing-accurate reference model.
- Quantitative analysis of all major factors and components influencing the system performance
- Development of several realtime capable algorithms in the area of computer graphics
We developed for our customer an outdoor camera system for automatic sports analysis and broadcasting. For this project we implemented or coordinated all aspects of a camera. Additionally we coordinated the initial production and the start of the series manufacturing. We sourced customized components internationally, especially in Asia.
The camera is based on an NVidia Jetson/Xavier module and contains several image sensors for extended visual coverage. Besides the integration of an sophisticated multi-modality AI engine we also implemented a broadcast quality image processing and color engine,
A PCI FPGA-board to process medical image data in realtime was developed and introcuced into series products. For the board algorithms accelerating 3D reconstruction of volume datasets out of image data from different X-Ray systems were implemented. For these algorithms a performance gain of more than 100 was achieved compared to workstations at that time. It took almost 10 years until implementations on GPUs with a similar power consumption and size reached the performance of this FPGA-based solution with its innovative architecture and efficient implementation.
- Development of the architecture of the overall system and the micro-architecture for the FPGAs (Hardware and Software)
- Project management and technical lead of the FPGA (Hardware)- und Software-developers
- Adaption for realtime processing of algorithms for 3D reconstruction from image data of Computer-Tomographs (Multi-Slice CT) and Rotation Angiography (C-arm)
- ASIC and FPGA development for the LTE modem part (baseband)
- Implementation of a highly advanced verification environment based on SystemVerilog, OVM/UVM, random constraints, functional coverage
- Block- and subsystem level verification